I had never attacked removing such rusty parts in wood before. So I asked one of the greatest resourses I have. Lumberjocks.com.
These guys had great answers for me. They gave me a few different methods to try. Thanks fellers.
I choose to leave the bottom T-plate in tact. The screws would have been destroyed in disassembly.
The scribe line it leaves is very straight and deep. It is a wonderful tool.
I found that with using it, pushing a little starting mark then going to the other side and pulling a little mark, then work the center till the two meet, was best.
I also found this little Stanley 130 for $6.
A small crack in the body and she was missing her knob. I have some silver braze that I am going to try and a spare knob in a drawer. Stay tuned.
Oh watch and see the way I treated the fence plate for color and effect. I think it came out the best.
Thanks folks and I promise as soon as I get all these tools to a usable state I will get to making a project or two. I have been hording some beautiful wood.